Amtrol invented the diaphragm well tank to provide a buffer of pressurized water that prevents rapid pump cycling caused by small water usages like running a faucet or flushing a toilet. Rapid pump cycling wastes energy and can lead to pump failure – an expensive repair or replacement often costing thousands of dollars.
Well Tank Benefits:
- Maintains recommended pump run time to extend pump life. (The pump is the most expensive well system component).
- Assists pump to meet peak water demand.
- Stores water between pump cycles.
- Improves water pressure consistency.
- Provides a water reserve during a power failure.